Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

I took the boys to the pumpkin patch yesterday. It was a nice change to sitting at home and being sick (Harper is still snotting like no other - poor kid). Obviously, living in L.A. the pumpkin patch is a joke compared to the once you would encounter in the country side - it was in the Albertson's (grocery store) parking lot. The asphalt was covered with hay and the "patch" was chain-linked all around. Not ideal, but we'll take it. Andre had a blast there. I bought him tickets for the pony ride and the petting zoo - he loved it. He keeps asking me today - "Mommy, Andre ride horsey."



This is the best picture I could take of the boys together


Andre picked his pumpkin


Harper didn't want to do anything with taking pictures. He refused to sit up (which by the way he does pretty well now, not completely confident though, so I propped him up on the pumpkins - wouldn't be too fun to fall onto the asphalt, let alone - faceplant). Harper's full attention was focused on hay. I did manage to get a couple of cute shots of him looking up





"Hello? Mommy is over here!"



Some lady was walking by and saw my struggle and decided to help me out - at least one is smiling



Andre absolutely loved the pony ride, he picked the tallest horse out of the bunch.



He's a natural





Harper enjoyed watching Andre riding the pony

Harper babbling away "dadadadada"



THe petting zoo was a hit as well. Andre petted every single animal in there, and we must have spent at least half an hour in there.


One of Andre's favorites was a little piggy (top right)



The stare-off



Harper go a lot of attention from sheep and goats...

...well not so much him, but the stroller...
...but shhh... don't tell him. He loved it!


4 comments:

Pomona Noltes said...

What a great post, Masha. The boys look so cute with all those pumpkins. Sure hope Harper feels better soon. :(

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Gotta love LA and their pumpkin patches, you said it right & this post made me laugh. I love your cute pictures & Andre looks darling on that pony. You should take him to Griffith Park. Clara & Vivy love those horse rides! I need your help to make a cute lable like you A&H creations.

joni said...

Holy cow! I hope you sanitized the whole stroller! The pumpkin pictures are super cute. The boys are very photogenic! I think we may come down next weekend (the 15th)- I will let you know when we decide for sure. How bout a run downtown to the fabric store?!

Brian and Monica said...

HEY MASHA!

That looks like so much fun! Guess what, we are coming down on Wednesday to D-land! Lets meet up. Call me.