Friday, February 22, 2008

New Bedding

Since the new baby will be here really soon (a little less than 9 weeks), we bought Andre a toddler bed, and I made Andre some new bedding, which I am very proud of. Andre likes dogs very much, so the bedding has dogs all over it. I made a fitted sheet, pillow case, and a quilt. I have never made a quilt before in my life, but I think it turned out pretty cute, considering that I made up the pattern myself. So here is the end result:

I have been trying to put Andre down for his naps in the new bed, but he just thinks it's a game and gets out of it everytime as soon as I shut the door. He napped there once, and only because he fell asleep in the car, and I managed to put him down in his new bed without waking him up. Last night we tried to put him down for the night, after many times of putting him back in bed he finally fell asleep, but unfortunately woke up screaming at about 1 am, so then I just put him in his crib. If any of you have any experience/advice/suggestions - all are welcome. I don't have much time left to transition him. Help!!!

And since Andre does not have much appreciation for his new bedding or bed - he is only interested in using it as a trampoline:

2 comments:

Scrappycook said...

Masha - The bedding is beautiful! I'm so impressed that you made it!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Darling bedding!! You have great sewing skills. Do you want to make Clara's bedding that I have been meaning to do for the past 2 years now. Oh well, kids can't have it all right!

Cute Blog Masha