Monday, January 4, 2010

really?

I knew there was a reason why I intuitively never put down both kids to bed at the same time, today I got the proof that I should continue to stick with my gut feeling. When the boys refused to eat their dinner, and upon a few warnings from Jeff (that if they didn't eat their dinner they were going to be put to bed) and them not listening, they were both put to bed. I was very tired from all the unpacking from the trip and other chores of the day, so I went to lay down while all of the boys were finishing up their dinner. While laying down and resting in the bedroom I ended up falling asleep at around 8 pm! At 8:30 pm a yell from Jeff with the request of needed help woke me up. And this is the picture - Harper completely naked in the crib covered in poop!!! Apparently Andre thought Harper either wanted to be naked or that he needed a diaper change. At any rate, Andre thought that he was the right man for the job, and helped Harper remove his one-piece pajamas and his diaper. Thanks, son! (Note to self: never put the kids to bed at the same time.)

3 comments:

Jeanne Anderson said...

OHH!!! We are so sorry, but thanks for the little chuckle. Scott says," That's one of those things you read before you are a parent and think 'That would never happen', and then when you actually are a parent you realize That it HAPPENS A LOT"! I still remember the first time Scott experienced a major blowout alone with a kid in the crib. Lets just say Louisa just might know what her own poo tastes like! ACK!

joni said...

That is the worst thing I have ever heard. I would have pretended I was sill asleep and let Jeff deal with that one! You are one brave mom! :)

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Nice! I don't put my kids down together either, double trouble!